Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Send Pete On An Adventure!

It is Pete the Cat time again and we are sending our Pete on an adventure.  We have found a nice blue backpack, decorated it with fun foam, and have placed Pete and a composition book in it.  We will be picking one great student to take him home each night, play with him, and then write a story with their parent about what they did together with PETE!  We will then read the child's page in the class book at circle in the morning.  I have done this with a plastic fish but never with an actual soft animal.  I am prepared to have him washed frequently!  He is ready.
I have been working on a parent instruction page too.  I will post that tomorrow as a FREEBIE so check back!  He is ready to head out!  Told me so himself tonight while we were blogging.  I would recommend this activity for preschoolers.  They get so excited when it is their turn.  The fish we sent home last year even ended up taking a bath with one student!  Hopefully Pete will stay dry!